Tuesday, October 25

Phew!!! wht a day...

OK..i should have figured it out before..there's something wrong gonna happen today,..Enough of all the haywire and chaos my GOD!!

Well, this is how it goes.. I am supposed to be expecting call for technical interviews from two different companies on the same day! The Comp. A has decided to call at 3PM and the Comp. B hasnt briefed me about the time they'll call. I was supposed to get the time and person's name details in the morning via e-mail. Now here i am refreshing my inbox every 5 mins..to see the enlightened e-mail but NO till 1 PM i have no e-mails. Well I thought it's okay may be it would be scheduled for tomorrow.

Having pass that thought, I was waiting for the 3PM call now. Then I receive a call on my cell phone at 1:45 from Comp. A who were supposed to call at 3. Everything was fine except the fact tht i didnt really understod the guy's accent. I figured out him to be non-white american..man it was so tough to understand wht he says. Linking the words trying to put up with him answered his questions. Overall it went ok. After that i thought ok..the quota of interviews is over for today! lemme go and eat something. Went to the kitchen, kept some pulses in cooker for boiling, made top ramen etc. My cell ringing again! This time it was the BOSS of the previous guy who called at 1:45 :) Even though i mentioned the preferred contact # to him, all these ppl were calling me on my cell. So this interview goes on till 36 minutes..and i am already over my free minutes and almost rescued my cooker from blasting too! While the interview was going i completely lost track of the cooker i kept on stove..as it had stopped whistling and started smoking :D

Adding to it i had several coughing sessions in between the interview so i had to request them to wait till i had some water! Oh boy! that was an experience :p While this 2nd interview is going on i am getting some "unknown calling" in between. I avoid it at that time. As the interview gets over i see a new voice message. This time its another person from the same company for a different position! So i call this guy back requesting him to call on my home # and he does so in 5 minutes..i had a completely technical interview with this guy.. I was already zonked by the previous two and his questions were just testing my patience. Got through this one also somehow!

I guess someone has passed my resume all over the company :p Everything done now, I have the kitchen to clean up :( and have literally no energy for that. I need to sleeeeep for some time now and get back to senses :D

Finally hope they dont take much time to reply on these interviews!!

7 Comments:

At October 25, 2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Nishit said...

That was one heck of an experience.. All the best for coming interviews..!!1

 
At October 26, 2005 5:57 AM, Blogger Mysorean said...

All the best Bhumi! :)

 
At October 26, 2005 10:43 AM, Blogger PuNeEt said...

Oh dear… that’s good in a way…

Actually when I was in the process of job change… I too went for 2 different post in a same company
;-)
Hehehehee

Hope ur kitchen is clean by now
;-)

All the very best for the interviews….

Take care
Cheers

 
At October 26, 2005 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.
now thats what i call a "happening" day. hehe.
and 3 guys calling u from the same company on the same day ? is that normal ? or they all fell for ur voice...?

lol..i hope it was all worth it. and that u got the job.
(coz that would call for a treat )...

 
At October 26, 2005 9:04 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

all worth it if u finally get the job :)

 
At October 26, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Bhumi said...

@All: Thanks for all the wishes :) ya..all this will payoff well once i get the job.

@Vicky: Truely an unanticipated "happening" day :P

It's rather unusual getting call from 3 ppl of same comp. on same day..but i guess they loved my silken voice..or say coughen voice :p:p

 
At October 27, 2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

Phew !!!

And all the best with your job search. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/bhumi_27/" loop="infinite">